The City Clerk is entrusted with maintaining, processing, and recording all proceedings and other records of the City Board of Aldermen to include minutes, contracts, deeds, grants, ordinances, and resolutions.
This office is responsible for handling all city insurance, except employee health and life, including updating schedules, renewing policies, as well as processing all liability claims, and renewing Notary and Public Officials bonds for all city employees who are required to have one by law.
The City Clerk is the Chief Election Officer and is responsible for conducting all city elections. The Election Officer is responsible for registering citizens eligible to vote and updates voter registration rolls and prepares poll books and boxes for all city elections. Voter registrations are processed weekly and maintained in a qualified voter roll. Any changes in address or name should be reported to the Clerk’s Office.
A description of the duties of the City Clerk’s Office:
- Custodian of the Corporate Seal of the City and authorizes its use.
- Serves as the designated Records Manager for the City.
- Is tasked with the duty of making sure all City departments abide by the records retention provisions administered by the State of Mississippi.
- Records and preserves Boards Minutes, maintains the official record of ordinances and resolutions, adopted by the Board of Aldermen.
- Manages the City Code updates.
- Maintains all records concerning appointments and memberships to the City’s Boards, Commissions and Committees.
- Handles inquiries and researches requests from citizens and other municipal departments.
- Handles all Revenue Bonds.
- Provides staff support to the Mayor and City Board of Aldermen.
- Monitor property taxes, gas and water/sewer billing.
- Manages the advertisement of legal notices.
- The sole drop-off point for bids placed by contractors, bids placed by citizens for the purchase of lots owned by the City as well as presides over bid openings for various departments.
- Make available and maintains all Conflict of Interest Forms and Real Estate Disclosure forms.
- Maintains Civil Service Commission records.
The City Clerk is the Chief Executive Administrator over all General Finances services within the city such as Accounting Financial, Accounts Payable & Receivable, Municipal Taxes and Utilities.
Adlean Liddell City Clerk firstname.lastname@example.org
Richelle Dingle Clerk Assistant email@example.com
Shavay Gaines Deputy City Clerk firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrea Johnson Utility Supervisor email@example.com
Torey Fountain Tax Supervisor firstname.lastname@example.org
Jacqueline Johnson Grant Writer email@example.com