How To Register
Registering to vote is a very easy process. You must fill out a Voter Registration Package using one of the following options:
- City Hall - Municipal Clerk's Office.
- The County Courthouse - Circuit Clerk's Office.
- By mail - You can request a Voter Registration Application be mailed to you from the Circuit Clerk's office or City Clerk's Office.
- Department of Motor Vehicle Safety License posts - Registration is offered when you renew or apply for your driver's license.
- High Schools - Every year the Circuit Clerk visits the county High Schools and distributes the Voter Registration Application
- At your local library - You can register to vote at any branch of the Jackson County's Library System.
- League of Women Voters - Nonpartisan grassroots voter registration effort during election year.
If you register in the clerk's office, you may register 30 days prior to the election in which you want to vote.
If mailed, the voter Registration Application must be delivered to your Registrar or postmarked at least 30 days prior to the election.
The Circuit Clerk is Jackson County's Registrar. The Municipal Clerk is Moss Point's Registrar. You will receive a voter registration ID card by mail shortly after registration.
You do not have to register by political party to vote in the state, county, or municipal primaries or general elections.
Voting Machine Method
Touch screen voting machine Election Day.