March 18, 2020 11:38 AM
CITY HALL CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC
In the wake of the newly identified coronavirus, the City of Moss Point is taking precautionary measures to protect our citizens, guests, and other stakeholders. Due to the recent issues surrounding the COVID-19 the city hall is closed to the public, we also encourage that in any public place exercise social distancing. Mayor King have implemented a hug, handshake and touch free zones in all public spaces around the city until the Local Emergency is lifted. "I am encouraging everyone to use our online portal and telecommunication systems to make utility payments, public records requests, and other services. In addition , please stay at home unless necessary to go out." Our goal is to exercise safe practices and utilize our resources by providing secure access points for those that we serve.
Since 2017 we have focused on increasing our use of technology, and we are committed to supporting you no matter the circumstance.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, human coronaviruses are shared across the globe and usually cause mild to moderate illness in people. This new virus is a public health concern because:
1. It is newly identified, so much is still unknown about it.
2. Two other human coronaviruses, MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV, have caused severe illness.
If you think you have coronavirus or COVID-19, what do I do?
3. Contact your primary care physician to speak to a healthcare provider. They can determine if you need to be tested for COVID-19.
4. You should stay at home and away from others if you are sick.
5. You can also call your local health department; in Jackson County, that number is 228-762-1117
6. Further, (please see below)
IF YOU ANSWER “YES” TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER ANY OF THE CITY OF MOSS POINT’S MUNICIPAL BUILDINGs. IN ADDITION, REMAIN IN PLACE AND CALL 228-775-8848 AND WAIT FOR A FIRST RESPONDER TO ASSIST YOU.
1. Have you had a FEVER OF 100.4 Degrees Fahrenheit within the last 14 days?
2. Have you had a cough or shortness of breath?
3. Have you had Pneumonia/Flu – since January 15, 2020?
4. Have you traveled out of the country in the last 14 days?
5. Have you had contact with anyone who has lab confirmed Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) within 14 days of symptom onset?
6. Have you taken a recent trip on a cruise ship or participated in other settings where crowds are confined to a shared location?
Thank you for your patience in this matter, we will continue to “Rejuvenate Moss Point” with your support. Thank you for your corporation, and I apologize for any inconvenience.
City of Moss Point Contact Numbers:
Utility Department 228-474-9933
Police Department 228-475-1711
Fire Department 228-475-884
City Hall 228-475-0300